JOINING GE GIVES YOU EVEN MORE BENEFITS THAN YOU EXPECTED.
And you probably expected a lot.
If you recently joined GE, we bid you welcome. We've greeted a lot of new GE employees since 1966. That's when we were founded as a GE-affiliate company (our financials are consolidated) to serve GE employees with discounted insurance and exceptional service.
It may be immodest of us to say, but we think we do it really well.
Exclusive GE Employee Perks
- Exclusive employee discounts on auto and home insurance1
- Convenient, cost-saving Payroll Deduction Program saves participants an additional 2% to 4%2
- Personal Excess Liability (PEL) employee benefit is priced approximately one-third lower than similar umbrella insurance
- Claims and customer service personnel are actual GE employees, available via WebEx Connect in addition to standard phone and email availability.
- New Vehicle Replacement Cost coverage is standard on all auto policies in most states - at no extra premium3
- Our claims department (what our customers rightly consider the most important area) has received national recognition for winning the Customer Service Department of the Year in the American Business AwardsSM three times.
- 99% of GE employees who have had a claim with us would renew their policy based on their claims experience alone.4
- 90% of all customers would recommend us to a friend.5
- 24/7/365 Emergency Roadside Assistance Services available throughout the United States and Canada6
- Always On® Mobile application for 24/7 auto claims reporting, policy information, EV charging station locator and more.
Our Role within GE
We don't advertise much, so we're pretty much under the radar. No worries. We do some pretty impressive things anyway.
- We are GE's primary commercial insurer, providing:
- General liability, workers' compensation, and commercial fleet coverage in the United States;
- General liability and fleet coverage in Canada; and
- Primary general liability coverage in the European Union.
- We are GE's Center of Excellence for Legal Document Review and Project Management of E-Discovery.
- Our Spirit & Letter-driven culture won the NICE Americas Award for Regulatory Compliance.7
- Our CEO, CTO, CFO, Lean Six Sigma Director, and other senior staff are executives from a variety of other GE businesses.
- We insure GE's employee relocation program–covering employees' household goods in transport. If you moved to take your new job, chances are we insured your belongings while they were in transit.
Find out More
So, poke around our site awhile. See what your colleagues at GE have to say about us. Then call us for a free quote on auto, home, condominium owners, tenants or PEL insurance. It's a bright move for a new member of the world's most brilliant workforce.
- Actual coverage, services, discounts, and credits vary by state. Not all options and coverages are available in all states. For exact terms, conditions, exclusions, and limitations of coverage, please contact Electric Insurance Company at 800.227.2757. Participation in the program is subject to underwriting qualifications.
- Discounts not available in CA and NY; auto discount only applies in WA; the program is not available in HI. $55 service fee savings are based on waiver of the standard $5 monthly service fee for 11 months.
- Applies to new vehicles less than a year old with fifteen thousand miles or less on the odometer at the date of a loss; coverage will pay the purchase price without deduction for mileage
- Based on a 2013 Electric Insurance Company customer claims survey
- Based on our 2011 Net Promoter Score®; Net Promoter, NPS and Net Promoter Score are trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company, Inc. and Fred Reichheld.
- 24-hour Roadside Assistance Services are provided by Cross Country Motor Club, Inc., and /or Cross Country Motor Club of California, Inc., a leading provider of vehicle and driver programs. Roadside Assistance Services are available for policies with Towing & Labor coverage.
- 2011 NICE Americas Customer Excellence Award for Compliance
* Product, service, and discount availability and limits vary by state. The information provided on this site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a full explanation of products, services or coverage. For more information, please contact Electric Insurance Company at 800.227.2757. If there are discrepancies between the information on this site and the policy, the terms in the policy apply.